Wednesday, August 11, 2010

6 miles and $10 a day

I think my Nike+ bit the dust. It has kicked the bucket. I think it's time to start looking into a personal GPS system... and it's time to win the lottery.

I had a great 6 mile run. Okay, great is an overstatement. It was fine. But it was great that I went. I kinda really didn't want to go. I'd skipped Monday's 4 mile run because of Sunday's 12 mile and some pain in my left heel, and I was just feeling... I don't know. Lately I've been saying i've felt overwhelmed and undermotivated. In lots of ways I feel like some big life changes are happening, but they're still a little bit away. As a "do-er" I want to get things accomplished, I want to start things, but I feel a bit put on hold. For some reason I got a little stuck this past week.

Which means I need a challenge. I need something to focus on and give me a goal. So that brings me to my challenge: can I live on $10 a day for a week?

I have a reasonably stocked fridge/pantry/freezer, plus I have an amazing CSA that brings me fresh fruits and veggies every week...

So here's the challenge. $10 a day from today, Wednesday, August 11 until next Wednesday, August 18. I will try to keep track of what I spend money on and report back here.

(This probably means i won't be buying a GPS system any time soon. At least in the next week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment