Tuesday, October 5, 2010

An Ode to Jodie Bentley

I am incredibly grateful for a generous donation from Miss Jodie Bentley. Jodie is an actress, singer and business woman extraordinaire, and a founder of the fantastic company, The Savvy Actor.

I "met" Jodie when I audited a class that Savvy Actor taught, and I can only say it changed my career life. Savvy teaches performers to find and be their most authentic self, and to take that energy and uniqueness and turn it in to a brand. It is very smart, and indeed very savvy!

After the class, I decided to use the one-on-one coaching services with Jodie. I am not sure I can really describe what the coachings were to me because they were so helpful on so many levels. It gave me guidance, confidence, a game plan. But there was one very distinct and important thing coaching did for me:

It made me decide to run the Marathon!

As part of my original prep work for my coaching, I had to set career and personal goals for the next few stages of my life. And a year ago I said in one year I would be running the marathon.

So here I am, about a month away from running 26.2 miles, in the best shape of my life, feeling strong and athletic and immensely proud, and I really have Jodie and The Savvy Actor to thank, for this, and much, much more.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment