Thursday, July 22, 2010

186

I decided this morning on my run to count the number of people I ran by.

I did a 5 mile run through my usual Central Park route, and I was curious how many people I pass.

This quickly became a really hard task, as there are many paths in the park. I soon realized I wouldn't be able to count everyone, so I decided to only count those who ran by me (the opposite direction) and those I passed (which was I think a grand total of 4, but hey, that's okay!) I later decided I maybe should just count runners, or people who were obviously working out.

On a less than 60 minute run I passed 186 people.

It is pretty amazing to think that many people are out at 6:30-7:30 working out in Central Park. I don't know what I would have guessed if I had thought about it earlier, but the number still kind of astounds me.

I actually enjoyed my run today, and I realized it has been quite some time since I enjoyed a run. Not that I hated my other runs, it's just been a while since I had FUN. And this run was fun. I think I like 5 or 6 miles as a daily, no real worries run. It's a little less than an hour, I can keep up a good pace. No need to carry any Gu gels or anything fancy. Just get out and run.

So I had a great time, counting people, and maybe it was that distraction that made the run so good, or maybe it was that it was just the slightest bit cooler than usual this morning. Whatever it was, I am grateful for a good day.

I was exhausted by later this afternoon, however, and went back to my nap routine (I've taken a few days off!). But I am really happy to tell you that I am now an EXCELLENT napper!

It's the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment