Wednesday, September 22, 2010

An Ode to Jessica Wilkinson

I am so thankful to the wonderful support of my good friend Jessica Lemon Wilkinson!
Jessica and I met in Jackson, MS in 2004 (good lord, was it really 6 years go??!) when I played Shelby to her Percy the second time I performed in The Spitfire Grill (which I have now done 3 times!). I went back to New Stage Theatre in Jackson in 2006 and performed in three more shows, so perhaps the sum total of months we've spent together is about 6 or 7, but she remains to this day one of my best friends!

Recently she came to visit me in New York (see above picture) and after meeting her for the first time, The DBF said "You girls are like two peas in a pod!"

I had never really thought of it, but it's true--we are two peas in a pod! Sure she's a red head and tiny and I'm an amazon red head, but we have been friends since day one, and that will never change.

Jessica is a wonderful mother and wife, and has two beautiful children. She is a kind and loving woman who knows how to laugh at all of life's ups and downs. She is a southern woman down to her bones, gentile and sassy. We also have the same favorite president! She is an ally and a confidant and I am so grateful that life brought us together and keeps us close!

Also--Jessica has started running too! And I'm so proud of her!

It is a rare friend who can talk about musicals, politics and The Biggest Loser in the same sentence!

So THANK YOU to the lovely Miss Jessica! I am grateful for you!




No comments:

Post a Comment