Saturday, September 25, 2010

An ode to JoAnn... David's Mom!

I am overwhelmed by this donation, which came from my wonderful friend David's mother. Whom, as far as I can remember, I've never met!

She read my blog about David, and was so moved that she donated to my marathon fundraising goals!

(And just as a side note, my own parents haven't even donated yet! But don't worry, they have said they would, and I'm sure they will!)

As I said, I don't know JoAnn, but I did steal a picture of her from Facebook.
Isn't she stunning? No wonder David is such a cutie patootie! Good gene pool!

My father once said, at a potentially inappropriate time: "Crazy kids come from crazy families". And I have certainly learned that, more often than not, "Fantastic people come from fantastic families".

That's not to say every family doesn't have its ups and downs, its skeletons in its closet, its own issues, because of course we're all human. Humans loving humans, it can't all be perfect.

But I can say, definitively, that a woman who raised a fantastic son like David must be a woman of great class and style. She must have a sturdy head on her shoulders, encouraging him in his career as an actor (something many parents refuse to do!), but also donating money to a total stranger (or a two-degrees-of-separation stranger).

So I am blessed and humbled by the kindness of strangers. And if the Perlman's ever want to adopt a Swedish Shiksa daughter, I owe them a whole lot of Yulekaka and Pepparkakor!

Thank you. A million times, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment