Wednesday, June 2, 2010

...and I still haven't gone running

Well, the alarm that was set to awake me at 5:50am didn't quite cut it this morning... I'm not sure how I'll manage in these hot summer months, but I suppose I just have to accept that it's hot in the summer, and if I really want to do this marathon, then I have to get my butt in gear.

And not just for the marathon in November, but for the half marathon I'm running at the end of this month! Ack! I am going up to Connecticut to run the Stratton Faxon Fairfield Half Marathon, Sunday, June 27. According to my Nike+ training, that week my long run would be just over 13 miles, so I figured, maybe if I could find a half marathon to run (which is 13.1 miles) it would be a cool way to kill two birds with one stone. I love competition, and it always makes me perform better, and I am excited about the half. But I have to get my butt moving again.

So perhaps I'll try tonight, or maybe I'll just wake up early tomorrow and try again...

What do you think? Is it better to give yourself the day off, or run late in the day, even if you want to run again less than 12 hours later? Missing a run seems like it just throws my whole day off.

In other news, Wednesdays I teach only two classes, one at 9:30 and one at 12:30, so I get 2 full hours to practice, organize, clean things in the studio, and do things like catch up on my blog. :) Now that I'm fully settled back in New York after my trip to Minnesota for my cousin's wedding, I think tonight I will cook myself something delicious for dinner. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment