Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's Wednesday? $#(*.

Have not gone running yet this week.

Have something funky going on in my sinuses. Is it allergies? Is it another cold (damn you, infant children and your germy cuteness!)?

Today I really planned on getting up early but just couldn't drag myself out of bed. The caffeine consumption during the day really has to stop. For a few reasons:

1. It costs me money! If I could eliminate one daily expense this is the no-brainer. I don't really believe in "uppers" like caffeine. Yes, they definitely come in handy, but "addiction" is addiction no matter how you slice it. I go through caffeine phases in my life. I won't have any for months, sometimes years, then it's a slippery slope back. So I'm at the top of the caffeine addiction chain. I'm probably due for a detox. And I could use the money.

2. Plus, it's so hot, and I don't want to spend money for "iced coffee" and that leads me to want Diet Coke, which is SO not something that came from the earth, nor did it ever have a mother... It's kind of the one thing that goes totally against my "no processed foods" rule. It's so far from being a real food I think it's more closely related to gasoline... Ew.

So maybe this will be a slow start... try to ween off the coffee/diet coke train to Iced Tea (I love tea!). And in German they give a totally different name to caffeine from coffee vs. caffeine from tea. So perhaps it's better? (Let's just go with this one for now, give a girl a little time to adjust!)

Hopefully today I will make it to the gym for a 4 mile run. Not very long, should be totally doable. As much as I hate the gym. Or waiting long enough to go later today outside in the park, though it is going to be 92 degrees.

Also, I wanted to share my friend Jenna's AWESOME blog she's writing. Jenna is my oldest friend. We were Best Friends from Kindergarten to 6th grade, and now she lives in NYC and has a fancy schmancy job working for a fashion magazine (and yes, you've heard of it). She's made a commitment to drop 30 pounds before her 30 birthday (which is 30 weeks away, or 29 now). So check her out!

I feel like I've been super busy lately, and that hasn't actually been the case... At least I don't think so. I can't tell you what I've been doing. But I feel like I haven't had much time for myself. Maybe just enough little things adding up slowly. So here's a promise to be more present this week. And post more blogs.



No comments:

Post a Comment