Thursday, June 3, 2010

I FINALLY went running today!



Well friends, today I actually got out of bed and went on a run.

I went later than I had planned.

And I was feeling kind of bad about not going earlier this week. At all... So I tried to get myself out of the angry at myself mindset and just run.

I'm trying to figure out how to upload my run from Nike+ and let you all see it... I can't figure out how to do that... But instead I took a picture of it on the screen and am uploading it here:


So there it is! Can you tell I forgot to turn my Nike+ off after I finished my 4 miles and walked the last .5 miles home? Ha ha. I averaged somewhere around 9.20 minutes per mile I think, which is awesome because that means my pace is getting a bit quicker. Little by little.

What I didn't do so well today are my pushups.
I have been participating in a website that has a plan so anyone can learn how to do 100 pushups. In a row. At one time. And it's definitely something an athletic person would do. So I'm doing it! But I started week 3 today, and it sucked. I felt like a badass on the last day of week 3, which had me doing 5 sets of pushups (5-7-5-5-8). Keep in mind I don't think I could have done more than 3 pushups in a row if my life depended on it before I started this program. So I felt like I was pretty hot. But then today I started week 3, and I look at my sets and it says:
10-12-7-7-9

10??? 12??!?!? Are you nuts?!

So I did 10. Then I did 8. And then I decided to take a shower. I don't know what I'll do to catch up... Week 2 wasn't "easy" but it certainly doesn't need to be done again... I thought perhaps I would try to do week 2 a second time, adding 2 extra pushups to each set. That sounds like it might get me to the point where I could do 22 pushups in the first two sets alone!

Tomorrow morning is a quick run, because Saturday is 10 miles. Are you ready? I think I am...!

1 comment:

  1. You're awesome for doing this! officially my mentor hahahha

    ReplyDelete